Periodontitis is also known as gum disease, and is a gum infection that damages soft tissue. This disease can destroy the bone and eventually cause tooth loss if not treated promptly. Periodontitis slowly progresses, and can advance quickly before you may even notice you have an issue.
During this advancement process you typically don’t feel anything, and the process is painless. Attending your regular exams and cleanings in our office is extremely important to stay on top of your teeth and gum health. Our doctors can get in front of issues quickly before they become a problem.
Many feel because they are still in their 30’s that they do not have to worry about developing periodontitis. However, your 30’s is when you start to see damage that is caused by not taking care of your teeth and gums in your younger years. Gum disease is very common amongst people in their 30’s, and this age group is when it starts for those that have maybe neglected their teeth when they were younger, or are genetically susceptible to gum disease. If periodontitis is not addressed this can lead to losing your teeth prematurely.
What Can I Do To Prevent Periodontitis?
If you want to prevent issues with your gums or inflammation you should start by evaluating your oral hygiene routine at home. Make sure you are brushing and flossing daily to help minimize your risk for developing gum disease. At Trivalley Implants, your oral health is our priority, and when you visit our office, we perform a detailed evaluation of your gums and teeth to determine the condition of your gums. If we notice any issues, we will discuss them with you and may recommend changes to your oral care routine at home. Our staff can provide a personalized care program for you to follow, and this can help you stay on track with your oral hygiene at home.
Tips To Prevent Periodontitis
- Attend regular cleanings and exams to remove plaque and tartar buildup, and to help detect signs of gum disease early.
- Use a toothpaste that contains fluoride to help prevent cavities.
- Brush for at least two to three minutes at least twice a day, and make sure to brush along the gum line.
- Floss daily to remove the plaque in between your teeth.
- Use a mouthwash to help rinse away plaque and bacteria, and keep your mouth feeling fresh.
- Avoid tobacco products that can accelerate the deterioration process, and cause gum disease.
- Exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet, avoiding foods with high levels of sugar.
- Seek care right away to treat cavities or any other issues promptly.
Our job is to keep your teeth and mouth healthy, and we pride ourselves on quality dental care you can trust. Let our team at Trivalley Implants help you take charge of your oral health, and prevent serious issues such as periodontitis from developing.
Interested in Making an Appointment?
If you think you may have gum disease or would like to schedule your exam and cleaning, contact Trivalley Implants. Our doctors have years of experience in periodontics, and always provide the highest level of care to all of our patients. At Trivalley Implants, we use state of the art technology in a welcoming and calm environment where patients know they are in good hands.
To schedule your appointment with us, contact Trivalley Implants, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.